Subject: Re: Pal or NTSC
From: MICHAEL RICHARDS <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 1994 14:10:01 +0100

In message <[email-masked]>, 
	James Savage <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> Hullo [email-masked]...
> 
>  Omme> I know that in US all amigas use NTSC system. SO is there any
>  Omme> other countries that use NTSC. Just want to know how many
>  Omme> dudes miss my game if I release only PAL version...CU!
> 
> Japan, Canada, Mexico, bits of Russia seem to aswell. Actually, I
think
> only the UK and Australia/NZ use PAL, everybody else uses SECAM
(europe)
> or NTSC.

	Uh uh, NTSC is largely used in the Americas and Japan. PAL is
the standard everywhere else with the exception of the ex-Soviet Union
and France where SECAM and its derivatives are used.

> Why not force the machine into PAL mode?

	Agreed, the colours are much better. And you'll get a much
larger share of the Amiga market that way.

					Mike.

You can reach Mike Richards at the following   /@\            \|/
address ... (if you're that desperate).       `-\ \  ______  - 0 -
                                                 \ \/ ` /  \  /|\ _
            [email-masked]                        \_i / \  |\____//
                                                    | |==| |=----/
---- Why not drop me a line ...? -------------------hn/--hn/-----------